Thursday, September 07, 2006

A note from Agustin...

Sometimes we grow discouraged when we do not see lasting fruit from the ministry on Friday nights. I am thankful that those who are saved are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation! However, it is great to see stories like the one I am about to share.

2 students were able to lead a Mother and her son, Agustin to Christ last week. Just today, Agustin sent an email to one of the students.

"May God Bless You for all your attention to us, It is really appreciated., we look forward to see you too. I need an advice from you, "I wonder how can I approach closer to God, I really need to". Right now I feel a little sad, because I have gone thru many difficult situations in my life, but certainly I would love to change for good, I mean to try and keep on moving towards Jesus. I know you have a lot of potential in matters of the Bible., how about if have a cup of coffee this Friday, so we can talk...."

Agustin does not deeply understand yet what happened on Friday night when he accepted Christ, but I believe he was saved. How exciting that God has already placed a desire into his heart to "approach closer to God!"

6 comments:

Lisa said...

Hey Dave!

Just wanted to comment on how much of a blessing I got last night from State Street. We got to talk to several people this week, and plans have been made to meet with at least 2 again next week. God is AWESOME!

Anonymous said...

Praise God about what he's doing on State Street. I'm so excited about this upcoming semester!

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited to hear about this letter from Agustin... I wonder how many others out there have been impacted by tracts or conversation on State Street that we'll never know about until heaven...

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited to hear about this letter from Agustin... I wonder how many others out there have been impacted by tracts or conversation on State Street that we'll never know about until heaven...

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited to hear about this letter from Agustin... I wonder how many others out there have been impacted by tracts or conversation on State Street that we'll never know about until heaven...

Anonymous said...

My heart goes out to Augustin... It touches my heart to hear of a hispanic come to KNOW Christ like that! I praise the Lord that though I was not able to go to state street, I can still be a part of this ministry. Tonight I was reading an extreme liberal's blog from state street.. Let me just say this... We NEED...NEED to have a passion for the lost. It reminds me of Romans 1:22, which says, "Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools." This particular blooger was so smart.. especially in philosophy. Bib Studies people... we need to get on the ball in philosophy class!